Whenever you try to establish a private connection with your computer to a secure website and an error occur displaying a message “The webpage not available” with a code Err ssl version or cipher mismatch, then your computer is facing “SSL CERTIFICATE” security issue.
SSL CERTIFICATE is basically a security system of a website that provides you with a secure and private connection between website and its user. Usually most of the people use this SSL certificate over those websites’ which are responsible for collecting some private information or some data like online card transaction or passwords.
Let’s discuss some solutions to resolve this type of error.
CLEARING SSL CERTIFICATE CACHE
- Open up your computer’s Control Panel and find Internet options tab.
- Double click on that option and select Content tab to find ssl certificate settings.
- Then click on Clear SSL State and select ok.
ENABLE SSL V3
Enabling SSL v3 is really easy and it can also help you in solving your ssl error. Let’s discuss some steps to enable it.
- Open your browser and in the search bar type chrome://flags
- This will open up a page. From that page find Minimum SSL supported.
- Click on that option and select ssl v3 from the drop down.
- Close your browser and reboot your computer.
RESETTING CHROME BROWSER
- Open your chrome browser and click on three dots on the top right.
- Click on settings from that list.
- Scroll down the page and click on Advanced.
- At the end of the page you’ll see an option of reset settings.
- Click on that option and press RESET
If you still face the error ERR SLL VERSION OR CIPHER MISMATCH than try reinstalling your browser.
- Go to control panel and find ADD REMOVE PROGRAMS option.
- Click on that option and from the list find your browser in which you are facing this error.
- Click on your browser’s tab and uninstall it.
- After uninstalling, install your browser again with fresh settings.
Following above steps will definitely help you in removing your Err ssl version or cipher mismatch error. If you still face this error then there is only one possible way that could help you. And that is the reinstallation of windows. But this should be the last option to choose if above steps didn’t help.